Wow. It’s been a minute, huh guys?
I definitely didn’t plan on having a one month hiatus, but I guess that’s what happens when you’re stressed out, road tripping with your friend, your dog’s tearing up your couch, your probiotics made you sick and lethargic and your diet/exercise is all out of whack.
Why don’t they talk about this in books or blogs?
“You make time for what you want. Get up early or stay up late. Give up this, this and this. HUSTLE.”
I get it bitch, but how!? If it’s between a fun side project and much-needed sleep, I’m sorry, but I’m going with the Z’s. If I give up that sleep, the next day I can barely function and it becomes a terrible cycle where I’m too tired to workout, eat healthy or even write well.
So I’ll be honest, the past few weeks I chose sleep. Not that I don’t love this blog, but…sleep. It had to happen.
Anyway, that’s me being honest. So now you know if I disappear, it’s not because I dont’ love my blog–it’s just so I don’t break down crying from fatigue (of course, even if I’m taking a break from blogging, you can usually still find me snapping or Instagramming my heart out @midwestlovefest).
That all said, I think it’s time to get back to a bit of normalcy on this ol’ thing. Starting with my favorite…what I’m watching this month!
- Keeping up with the Kardashians: (?) Jury is still out on whether this season will be any good (since it just started a few days ago), but have to say this is one of my guiltiest pleasures. And I fully own the fact that I probably contribute to their success by watching, but whatever. It’s a nice break from reality.
- Rich Kids of Beverly Hills: (3/5) Season 2 also started Sunday (following the Kardashians, if you’re curious), but still not 100% sure if the show has any staying power. Again, I watch it because it’s kind of insane (interesting? terrifying?) to see how the 1% live and behave.
- Shahs of Sunset: (3/5) On the whole “escape from reality” note, this reality show is another guilty pleasure. When it first came out a few years ago, I thought I would hate it. It didn’t even seem like they were doing anything worth watching, but somehow…you can’t look away.
- Silicon Valley: (4/5) Ryan got me hooked on this a few months back and we finally got all caught up, just in time for the release of season 3 last week. I have a very, um, hard sense of humor to nail, but this show gets close. It also gives me all the feels for San Fran, in an odd sort of way.
- VEEP: (5/5) Now this show nails my humor. The writing is incredible. It’s so quick-witted, smart and funny. I only wish they were hour-long episodes.
- Southern Charm: (4/5) Are you catching onto a theme with my penchant for watching terrible reality tv? I seriously can’t help it! I just love peeking inside the “realities” of different lives and lifestyles.
- Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta: (3/5) So I’m giving this a 3 because the “acting” is terrible. I say acting because it doesn’t get more like a “scripted reality tv show” than the Love & Hip Hop series. If you watch my snaps, you know what I mean. That said, it’s kind of like a train wreck–you can’t look away.
- Teen Mom 2: (5/5) There will always be a place in my heart for the Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant series (that doesn’t sound too creepy, huh?).
- Real World: Go Big or Go Home: (2.5/5) This year’s housemates are a bit obnoxious. I can’t tell if I feel bad for the racist girl or I’m irritated with her. Anyway, I’m too curious–I have to know how the whole thing ends–but I think Real World may need to call it quits soon. 31 seasons? Just, put a fork in it soon.