My lovely, bakerista sister Kimberly is back with a delicious batch of goodies.
Fair warning, these are *not* healthy for you. Let’s not even pretend these things are going to clear your arteries or freshen up your skin. Nope, these are total, 100% #treatyourself dessert bars.
But it’s all about balance, right? Or as close to “balance” as humanely possible. Basically, indulge without going overboard. Everything within moderation.
Alright, you were fairly warned.
But really. Look at these things…
Ugh I wish I could reach through the screen and just grab one right meow.
Speaking of healthy eating (ha!), I’ve been doing okay with all of that.
I’ve been sticking to #BBG (week 3!), incorporating yoga once a week and mixing in some strength training and LISS.
However, I’ve also been feeling super low-energy.
For awhile, I was tracking my calorie intake using MyFitnessPal again. I love using it get back on track after I’ve fallen off the wagon a bit. However, when I started upping my workouts, I obviously became hungrier and then it got to a point where I was worried I wasn’t eating enough…but then I don’t want to eat too much…
So now I’m in some weird limbo where I’m not sure how many calories I’m supposed to be eating.
I don’t want to eat too many and gain the wrong sort of weight (I don’t really care about the number on the scale, I just want to tone up and lose overall body fat), but don’t want to eat too little and run low on energy.
I’ve also been pretty bored with my meals, which can’t be helping the cause.
All of which is to say, I’m doing okay…
I’m still trying to get the hang of treating myself (preferably to one of these rice krispie bars), lowering my stress, keeping my energy up, killing my workouts and also eatinging clean most of the time.
Ugh, the elusive “balance” people. Balance.
- 2 cups crispy cereal (ie: Rice Krispies)
- ¾ creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- ½ cup melted chocolate
- Nuts (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Spray a 7 x 7 pan with a nonstick spray.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave until it is easy to mix, around 30 seconds. Add the 2 cups of crispy cereal and mix until all the cereal is covered. Press the mixture into the pan and freeze until hard.
- In a separate pot, heat up the butter, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk and corn syrup until combined and bubbling, continue to mix. Make sure the mixture doesn't burn. After 1 or 2 minutes of stirring while bubbling, take the pot off the heat. After the peanut butter and crispy mixture is frozen, take out of the freezer and pour the caramel mixture on top of the crispy crust.
- Let the caramel set until firm. Then take the melted chocolate and spread on top of the caramel layer. Add sprinkles, nuts or leave plain if you prefer. Make sure to keep bars in cool place until served.