I am getting shit done this Wednesday and it feels good. Worked out (circuit AND fast walking), made breakfast (acai bowl) and am already ticking off wedding and work to-dos. I guess I’ll just ride this high while it lasts! #gohumpday
Any who, in other news, I’m missing my bananas. Now I know that sounds like it means I have a screw loose, but no. I actually miss my bananas. I haven’t had time this week to run to the grocery store and pick up a bunch, and they are seriously the easiest and most filling snack and I hate not having them around my kitchen.
I made these last week during “ladies time” and they were definitely the perfect solution to my sweet-tooth.
They are uber easy to make. (not pictured) I drizzled honey on top for some extra sweetness and to balance out the almond flour. Lots of healthy things in this little snack recipe though: nuts, a dash of chocolate, fruit and a drizzle of (organic) honey on top!
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- ¼ cup almond flour (or less)
- 3-4 tablespoons almond butter
- honey to taste
- Peel banana.
- Spread almond butter on banana until completely coated.
- Cut banana in half and roll each half in almond flour.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips out, and roll in chocolate chips (or press in, if they are having trouble sticking).
- Cut banana up into little roll pieces.
- Place on plate, in freezer.
- Take out before eating and drizzle honey.
- Recommendation: Don't freeze them too long. They can get hard fast and it can ruin the texture. My suggestion? Make them the night you want them. They are easy to make and then you can pop them in the fridge instead for an hour or two and have them as dessert.