I’ve been trying to pay better attention to what my body needs recently. Or at least the good things it’s craving. And for some reason, my body was MAJORLY craving for crackers and avocado the other day. Which led to a craving for crackers and cashew cheese. Which, of course, always leads to a craving for crackers and hummus. And thus, this post.
Obviously the hummus (Sabra!) and avocado (ripe from Whole Foods!) are easy to buy and prep. Take out (or open up) and spread. Then, there’s the cashew cheese. But never fear! This recipe is beyond easy to make too (surprisingly).
Seriously though, replace the processed cheese spread or veggies draped in icky Velvetta and dip into one of these options. The flavor is still there, but the satisfaction is 10x better (healthy fats and proteins!). Oh, and I used Back To Nature Gluten Free Crackers here and there were AMAZE. Highly recommend.
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 shakes of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water
- Soak the cashews 2-8 hours (I soaked mine all day, while I was at work).
- Drain excess water from cashews and put in food processor with sea salt, black pepper, lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Pulse.
- Gradually add water until everything is mixed.