My weekends have been packed recently. Like, majorly. For example, tonight I’m seeing Fault in Our Stars (hope it’s as good as the book!), tomorrow I leave at 8AM to road trip back home for my 2nd dress fitting, followed by some fabric shopping and crafting and then topped off with Father’s Day on Sunday and road tripping it back to Chicago. Part of me can’t wait until my weekends are a little slower and I can go to the art fairs (missing one this weekend) and farmers markets (also missing it this weekend). Le sigh. Oh well, still good things.
Speaking of good things, this quesadilla is delish. Or is it a quesadilla? I always get those tortilla meals mixed up. Either way, this is our go-to recipe on nights where I can’t think of anything else to make. Ryan has always had his cheesy quesadilla, which has always left me scrounging for leftovers since I could never think how to make my quesadilla…a tad healthier. Well, this is the ticket!
- whole wheat tortilla
- ½ avocado
- 2 baby bell peppers
- handful of spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spread the avocado on the tortilla on one half of the tortilla.
- Top with cut up baby bell peppers.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper.
- Add spinach to other half of tortilla.
- Spray pan with olive oil cooking spray and heat.
- Add tortilla, face side up. Then, fold over.
- Heat one half and, carefully, flip.
- Cook until tortilla sides are golden brown.