I am über excited to share this recipe with you today. Why? Because I whipped it up for the first time this weekend AND it’s healthy. Even the maple syrup has it’s benefits (as long as you buy organic/pure). Boom. Take that bad sugar-laden, caloric breakfast items!
Basically, you’re getting two eggs + two slices of sprouted whole grain Ezekiel bread + a bit of homemade almond milk (aka nuts) in one serving. How many “healthy” boxes does that check? Um, quite a few, I’d say.
- +Grass fed butter or olive oil
- +4 pieces of Ezekiel bread
- +4 eggs
- +2/3 cup almond milk
- +Bit of cinnamon
- +2 tbsp organic/pure maple syrup, plus a little more to pour on top later
- Place about a tbsp butter on a pan. Heat to medium.
- Whisk eggs, almond milk, cinnamon and 2 tbsp maple syrup together in a bowl.
- Soak each piece of Ezekiel bread in mixture.
- Place on pan and flip until golden brown.
- Top with banana (or favorite fruit) and a bit of maple syrup, if you're feeling adventurous.