Is it just me or is spaghetti squash like the new “it” veggie? Personally, I prefer it over most squashes and am still surprised when people freak out about spaghetti squash just because they don’t know how to cook it. Well worry no longer! It’s easy peasy lemon squeezy (or I wouldn’t be able to cook it, I promise you).
how to cook spaghetti squash
1. Let the spaghetti squash sit out a few days. Personal preference, but I swear it’s like a banana and has to ripen.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Cut the spaghetti squash in half the long way.
4. Spoon out the seeds (pumpkin carving style!)
5. Fill a pan with about 1/2-1 inch of water. Place halves, rind-side down, in pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
6. Take out of oven and let cool. Then, using a fork, rake the length of the spaghetti squash. You should come up with spaghetti-like tendrils. Do this to the sides too, to get as much squash as possible.
7.Enjoy with sauce, pesto or other veggies! And with 165 calories for the whole squash (which, by the way, fills you up pretty quickly!) you can indulge in your spaghetti craving without the guilt (or carb belly).