H A P P Y S U N D A Y!
How is everyone doing? I’m doing decent. Kero‘s feeling a bit under the weather though and woke me up at 4:45AM and 5:20AM this morning, so I’m feeling a bit exhausted from that.
But per my thoughts last week, I’m really trying to take a step back and chill the F out too. And that means evaluating what is and what isn’t working in my life; what contributes to my happiness and what subtracts from it.
As much as I love this blog, I’m not so sure I can follow the typical “blogger guidelines” of posting daily and sharing on all the social platforms and engaging with other random bloggers online and networking and backlinking and doing the chicken dance… If you haven’t noticed, I’m already pretty bad at all of those things. And while I still want to try and make this little blog as awesome as possible, I want to take the pressure off a bit too. To check in with myself and make sure that I’m sharing things I’m excited about, instead of simply sharing “content.” To stop worrying about taglines or content themes.
TBH, I’m not sure what all this rambling means. I guess it’s just to remind myself to stop using numbers as a gauge for success or failure. And to just do something because I like to do it.
Just think it’s important to check in with yourself, and make sure you’re working on things that either bring you happiness or bring you closer to your other, bigger goals. Food for thought, peeps.
On that note, here are my digital finds of the week! Hope they brighten or inform your Sunday and the rest of your week:
- Love this healthy BMI essay by a middle schooler.
- Healthy breakfast inspo for your Monday morning.
- V. interesting: how an anonymous blogger reveals scandalous celeb news without getting sued.
- I just love dogs, guys. Love ’em.
- Wish I could dance like this.
- Victoria Beckham’s secret to keeping your skin looking #flawless.
- This makes all my dreams a reality.
- A little late, but some good show recos nonetheless.
- Loved this article about working out for women. Squashes a lot of the stereotypes or myths passed around.
- You go Amber Tamblyn.
- Man Repeller horoscopes c/o Susan Miller.
- Future me.
- So…this now exists. #NationalPizzaMonth