I’m not sure where my mom originally got the recipe, but it was the first meal she ever cooked for Ryan when he first met my family (so it holds an extra-special place in my heart). Plus, per usual, the kid was skeptical of the meal…until he took a bite. I swear, you can’t argue with these little cakes.
Don’t you love my Barney plate? So chic. It’s time’s like these that you reflect on what an “adult” you’ve become. Speaking of which, Ryan and I are doing some very big wedding things this weekend–today is the food tasting and tomorrow I’m buying my dress and going cake tasting. Needless to say, small portions will be my blessing this weekend unless I want to be a balloon in my dress and undo all my hard work.
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 6-oz can tuna, drained & flaked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 each eggs, slightly beaten
- Olive oil spray
- In large bowl, stir together, rice, tuna, cheese, 4 tablespoons bread crumbs, onion, pepper & eggs until well blended.
- Shape mixture firmly into patties.
- Coat with remaining bread crumbs. (Patties can be prepared ahead & refrigerated until ready to cook)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
- Put on medium heat and add patties.
- Cook until browned on both sides.
However you’re spending your holiday weekend, enjoy it!