I feel 110% blessed this turned out. I had a good feeling about it, but was really nervous because I was planning it for Ryan and his parents. Meaning, if it was terrible, I would be responsibly for three empty stomaches instead of just one (picky) stomach.
So, obviously you can adapt this to what you have around (not that it requires a lot of ingredients), but I used gluten-free, classic potato Novu gnocchi (from Whole Foods), Trader Joe’s pesto and Trader Joe’s organic veggie broth. Of course, you can make your own pesto (even better!) or your own veggie broth, but I was in a major rush and couldn’t find basil to save my life.
If you’re curious, I also made a basic garlic bread to go along with this dish. Essentially, I just mixed a few teaspoons of garlic powder with some melted butter, spread it over a french baguette (which was cut horizontally and vertically) and sprinkled with parmesan, salt and some more garlic powder and popped it into the oven at 350º for 15 or so minutes.
Then, pure heaven.
- 1.5 pounds bonelesss, skinless chicken breast
- 1 box of vegetable broth
- 3 tsp lemon Juice
- 2 packages of gnocchi
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Container of Trader Joe's pesto
- Wash chicken breasts, blot dry and place in slow cooker.
- Pour entire box of vegetable broth over chicken breast.
- Add lemon juice and ¼-1/3 cup pesto.
- Turn on low and let sit for 8 hours.
- Use a giant spoon to break up chicken breast, if not already broken up.
- Pour all gnocchi into slow cooker.
- Add sea salt.
- Let sit on high for 15-20 minutes.
- Add a few big spoonfuls of pesto and stir.