Hummus and pretzels? Sure.
Leftover ice cream cake? Slice me off a piece.
Stale Cheetos? Well, if they’re around..
You can tell this is also why I try hard not to stock my home with anything too terrible because I would FOR SURE find a way (read: excuse) to eat it. This is also why my slow cooker is basically by not-so-secret lover. You just throw a bunch of goodness in it before you rush out the door to work and you come home to a hot, healthy meal.
It’s crazy to think there was a time when I was intimidated by the slow cooker.
Never be intimidated! It’s so insanely easy and awesome. Honestly, if you buy one thing for your kitchen, get a slow cooker.
Did I mention it’s also Whole30 approved? So simple. So filling. So perfect for fall.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 1 box of chicken or vegetable broth (I use Trader Joes)
- Chicken Breasts (I used 3)
- Assorted veggies - as many as you want (I've used frozen carrots, celery and zucchini, and frozen green beans and carrots...basically the possibilities are endless)
- Few shakes of parsley
- Few shakes of turmeric
- Few shakes of sea salt
- Pour the olive oil or ghee in a pan.
- Lightly brown either side of the chicken breasts.
- Turn dial to low.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Pour entire box of broth over chicken breasts.
- Add frozen veggies of choice.
- Add salt, parsley, turmeric and any additional spices you're craving.
- Let be for 7-9 hours.
- When done, take a spoon, fish around in the soup and break up the chicken (which should be falling apart). Yes, you could pre-cut the chicken breast, but this is the BUSY SOUL'S recipe, so...).
- Note: You may want to add more salt after the soup is done cooking, but I like to leave it till the end so that