February is such a huge TV month. At least, it is for me.
When I do these roundups, I worry about how much time I have on my hands. Like, really? I watch this much TV? And I wonder why my blog posts are always late…
Anyway, I am super excited to share this quite eclectic (read: random) bunch of shows. So get ready…
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: I started watching this show about 3 seasons in and am still obsessed. Seriously, when I was going through a really hard time in college, I purchased and watched season 1 – 3 on repeat, just to laugh out loud at something. Now they’re on season 11. Even though the characters in the shows are less than honorable, the actors and actresses themselves are more than deserving. They’re such humble people and, in fact, many of them are married to each other in real life (Google it!).
- The People vs. OJ: This debuted last week, and while the show seems less than intriguing, I guess I’ll jump on the bandwagon and admit I’m interested in this trial as a whole. Which makes watching this worth it, I suppose.
- Broad City: My girls are coming back! YAS QUEEN. Definitely throwing a little party when this premieres (that is legit how excited I am).
- GIRLS: This may be the last season…or maybe it’s the one after this? Either way, I’ll watch this show until its inevitable end. Sometimes it can be frustrating to watch, but I still can’t help but find it quirky, funny and relatable. Plus, as a young writer myself, I do admire Lena Dunham and all that she’s done in such a short period of time. #GirlBoss
- The Magicians: Through some sort of network-crossover-type-fluke, instead of binge watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians a few weeks ago, the first episode of The Magicians aired. On E!. At first, I thought “Oh God, this is going to be terrible, but whatever…I’ll watch it.” WRONG. I watched it and I loved it. I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, so I somehow was the perfect demo audience and now I’m hooked. If you love anything about magic and magic school, you’ll love this show. And bonus: you can catch up quickly because it’s only on episode 5.
- Under the Dome: When this aired a few years ago, I watched the first few episodes, but then life got in the way and I forgot about it. And then, Amazon happened. I found it while scrolling through my feed the other day, started watching it again, and now I’m almost done with seasons 2. The acting can sometimes be CBS-esque (if you know what I mean), but the plot and characters (I’m hard core crushing on Junior) make up for it in droves.
- Lucifer: Admittedly, I haven’t watched this show yet, but I listed it here because 1) I heard it’s good and 2) I really do want to watch it. Has anyone else seen a few episodes?
I’m also still watching the Real Housewives of Potomac, Vanderpump Rules, the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and occasionally Love & Hip Hop (which, though it’s not meant to be, is a riot to watch!). At this point, my obvious love for the Real Housewives franchise is practically not worth mentioning.
Have any shows I should be watching? They can be outdated, as long as they’re on Amazon or Netflix. I mean, a girl does have her limits.