I really did make a delicious smoothie filled with organic, rainbow chard.
Gosh, chard just sounds like a gross word. Confession: I’m too afraid to try it straight up in a salad, but throw it in a blender with some fruit and I’m good to go.
This smoothie was my way of mixing up my snack on this LeBron Challenge, which is going…pretty good. I’m craving a Sprinkles cupcake like a mother, but other than that I feel good.
Last night I binged on white cheddar popcorn though, after finding out it had no added sugar. So beware of that, I suppose.
I’ll give you a full update after I complete the Challenge next Tuesday. Till then, enjoy this sweet (yes, it’s actually sweet!) chard smoothie. Nutritious, easy to make and a sneaky way to get some greens in you.
- 3 leaves of organic rainbow chard
- 1 banana
- lots of pineapple
- ¼ cup water
- 6 frozen strawberries
- Start by blending the banana and water with the chard.
- Add in a few chunks of pineapple, blend.
- Add in frozen strawberries and blend.
- Finally, add a bit more pineapple.
- Blend until totally smooth and enjoy!
happy a happy weekend, loves!